Sunday, November 6, 2011

Let's Brony up this Shizzle!

Oookay.  When it came to the whole My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic phenomenon and the resultant "Brony" trend, I was largely in the dark until, thanks to my account on I can has cheezburger, I ran into a video on the front page:



I thought it was great.

I'd since worked with the Master Minds, working on two Out Of Our Minds videos with them.  When I found out that a couple of the Master Minds were Bronies (figure it out yourself which ones, they're self-admitted), I had to investigate.  What, in a cartoon based on a toy series geared towards seven year old girls, gets heterosexual men so interested?

So, I watched season one beginning to end.

You know what? It IS fun to watch. Lauren Faust created something that was not a little girl's tea party or slumber party. Frankly if I had a daughter I'd love if she watched this. It's not preachy, it's fun to watch, well animated, well-voiced, and ponies go batshit insane and cause mayhem. It inspired a physics presentation, for crying out loud. It's fun.

So frankly, yeah.  I'm not going to go so uber-brony as to preach it, but yeah, I like what Faust has done.  And in fact, the material has given me some stuff that I have used to create some Team Fortress 2 dubs.  Yes, TF2 dubs.  I actually found those amusing with some "America's Funniest Home Videos" clips, and even with "Saving Private Ryan."  Like with a Minds series, when done well, it's awesome.  I tried my hand at TF2 dubs using My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.  The first attempt went like this:



When I moved back to CA, I had only limited time to record for Kane's Mind.  In the meantime, I found some material to create another MLP:FIM TF2 dub:



When season 2 came out, and the first two episodes ran along the same lines as the first, I had to admit...first, Demospike didn't have enough lines.  Second, I had more material in terms of sound clips.  End result:



Now...I am not abandoning Kane's mind.  If anyone is still actually following my blog (granted I'm so not well known that I'm lucky if anyone is), then I have to let people know...I started this project, people like it, I want to see it to the conclusion of the game.  I don't know whether there's going to be a follow-up project.  As I said, I'm working on entering the medical profession.  Time will be sparse on that score.  However, I have found that I wouldn't be the first doctor with a machinima.  And yeah, it helps that I have a life outside of med school.

So, on my blog, I must post what people have already seen through my YouTube account:



I must apologize for not providing even a heads-up sooner.  Life happens.  Enjoy.  I'm already working on the next two episodes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment