Thursday, May 5, 2011

Did I mention how much I hate the USMLE?

They call it the United States Medical Licensing Examination, Step 2, Clinical Knowledge and Clinical Skills.

They should have called it the Unbelievably Sadistic Monstrously Ludicrous Examination, Career Killer and Career Stopper.

Let me lay it out for you...I've been praised for my performance in clinical rotations, core and elective.  I have been up to my eyeballs in studies and finished multiple shelf examinations.  I have aced all but one of my core rotations.  AND I AM STILL HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE PRACTICE TESTS!!!

So I slug it out endlessly with the exams.

This is, in a nutshell, what would keep me from otherwise producing episodes on a regular basis.

But...I will not be the first doctor to have residency and a movie project.  So it is possible that I can see this all to completion.

I will keep working.  And when I meet this test, I will rain down hell upon it and it shall be laid to burnination.

In other news...

It's official.  I have been accepted into the ranks of the Master Minds.  To be truthful, I'm honored and humbled.  These guys have been at the top of the Minds game for years longer than I have.  And then there's Ross Scott, who, IMHO, isn't so much a Master Mind as he is an Uber Mind, having spawned this whole genre with Freeman's Mind.  So that's now the high point of my day.

I've also ordered Sony Vegas 10 Platinum Suite, which should accomplish two things:
1) It will render unnecessary three or four programs on my hard drive, which I can now uninstall.
2) It's far more lag-free and not prone to frame drops like Windows Live Movie Maker (which I had been using because it was free and already installed...and now I can use something that works better).  So with that being easier, I can do the same work in less time...which is also what I have on hand...less time.  However I'm going to see what I can do about filming for the next episode...

More good news.  YouTube has de-limited my time.  I'm no longer bound to a 15 minute limit.  However, I'm going to try to keep the eps to about 15 minutes apiece...having the limit gone means I have a margin for those extra few minutes on the tail end, and don't have to split episodes up so much.

So, we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment